100g GBR/EBR tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
To compliment the blue of the EBR and GBR you could use blood fin tetras or sarpae tetras. Or maybe even denison barbs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
I have sand so i dont ever vacuum the surface. Instead i typically wave a powerhead around to knock anything into the water column where it then gets vacuumed or filtered out. I cant surface vac or Itll remove the hundreds of MTS babies Ive recently acquired. I think today im going to pick up some serpaes from a family owned LFS. Theirs have a nice red tint to them that I havnt seen on the petco/petsmart serpaes. Wish we had more selection in CC. Hopefully they wont out compete my rams. My rams have a tendency to be slow eaters.

Also, over the last few days 3 of the GBRs dropped. No signs of ripped fins or any other damage so Im not sure what killed them. All that is left is one female who now roams the tank with the EBRs (who also show no signs of ripped fins or damage). Taking the GBRs back since theyre still under guarantee.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
In my experience, places that offer a warranty on a "guaranteed" lifespan tend to have lower quality stock, so they do tend to die inexplicably, more often. My LFS refuses such guarantees, and yes, some of the fish I've bought from them have died, but the shortest lived ones were full grown when I bought, and lived for over a year. From the big box stores that offer the guarantees, at least 1 out of every batch has died on me for no good reason.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
One of the LFS here in town doesnt have a guarantee But have really nice stock, Ive had alot of their fish die though shortly after being introduced into my tank, even through long drip acclimation periods. Petsmart/Petco stock isnt as nice sometimes but if they crap out on me at least i can get them replaced.

I took back the GBRs today and decided to just stick with the 1 female. Maybe she'll mate with the EBR male is my thinking. Used the credit to get a few serpaes, gonna go pick up more in a little bit. Got my fingers crossed that they are peaceful and not a nippy horror story like some of the ones ive read on the web.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store