100g planted tank stocking suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Excellent suggestions everyone. .

I think I will go for 8 each of bohemiam rainbow, red rainbow, emperor tetra and pearl gourami.. That will be 32 in total. . Will that be too much for 48 inch length tank ?

Tank size L x W x H (inches)

48 x 24 x 21

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Excellent suggestions everyone. .

I think I will go for 8 each of bohemiam rainbow, red rainbow, emperor tetra and pearl gourami.. That will be 32 in total. . Will that be too much for 48 inch length tank ?

Tank size L x W x H (inches)

48 x 24 x 21

I would not combine gourami (sedate fish) with active fish like rainbows.

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
The gourami's will end up hiding in the back behind some taller plants. You'll almost never see them. The others are a good fit. I'd include Dwarf neon rainbows as well. They school well with the other rainbows and add a bit of personality to the tank.

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
I am so happy I received all so good suggestions. . I am now equipped with the knowledge of what I will have. . This is the powerful benefit of Internet based world wide knowledge forums where users from world over help and support. . It was so very difficult otherwise. .

Soon I will post some photos of these beauties giving a grace to my tank. .

Many thanks guys for all your help ! Highly appreciated !!!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Rainbows get pretty large too. My Iranian reds are at least 4 inches long and my Australians are even bigger….I would only put 10-12 TOTAL rainbows in a tank that size. They are beautiful very active fish. They like water on the cooler side to show colors and behaviors best. So be careful about mixing fish with different temp requirements.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store