100gal Tanganyika Stocking Suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wy Renegade

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2012
No problem..

Bluegrass are good friends of mine and you cannot go wrong with them, a few others is http://www.littleafricaaquatics.com/ also a good friend of mine and http://www.aquabid.com/ really not sure of your location but Fish Clubs are a good source in your area if you have any of them..
Thanks for the list of sources! Picked up supplies for the tank this weekend, so hopefully it will start coming together over the course of the next couple weeks.

Sweet, I've been lookin' for someone who orders from Bluegrass for some input. Pretty much burned out on mbuna, after all these years, and wanna start keepin' quite a few more tangs! The local selection sucks 'round here.

Howdy, Wy Renegade. :)

WYite
Hey WYite, good to see you! Thanks for the tip ;)

Yeah Bluegrass owners Eddie and Scott are good friends of mine and live close to me actually like 30 minutes away so the ease of getting these fish are very close, Little Africa Greg is even closer about 15 to 20 minutes away, Not too mention a Tanganyika keeping local fish club and Indy's fish club my addiction for anything Tanganyika is out of control and easily accessible, you can see my addiction LOL..
Yeah I can see that, wish I was a little closer to some of those sources as well. Shipping unfortunately kills the price in most cases.

Yeah, I can see and smell your ever lasting Tang addiction, me mucker! And yes, Eddie from Bluegrass is great; 4 years ago I bought from there 28 young mbunas; all of them arrived alive to Puerto Rico.
+1 to bluegrass I've really liked the fish I've gotten there.
Thanks for the input folks.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I need to stop by at Bluegrass here soon haven't been there in a few months..

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Yeah, I can see and smell your ever lasting Tang addiction, me mucker! And yes, Eddie from Bluegrass is great; 4 years ago I bought from there 28 young mbunas; all of them arrived alive to Puerto Rico.
Howdy, efors. Do ya mind me askin' if shipping took longer than overnight? Because Wyoming is so rural, a lotta carriers won't guarantee overnight arrival. I'm tryin' to get a feel if the fish will come through a two day shipping period. Puerto Rico may be a good comparison.

WYite

Dagamoth

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Milford, OH
Real Name
Adam
Have you ever tried contacting your local post office to ask if you could pick the fish up in person at the post office the next day when they arrive? In most cases fish will survive a couple days no problem in a bag during shipping if properly bagged up. I'm sure bluegrass and littleafrica bag them up expertly, so I wouldn't have much qualms about ordering even if in rural Wyoming.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Efors hopefully all of the fish you got are still going strong man.. No problem Wy Renegade..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Howdy, efors. Do ya mind me askin' if shipping took longer than overnight? Because Wyoming is so rural, a lotta carriers won't guarantee overnight arrival. I'm tryin' to get a feel if the fish will come through a two day shipping period. Puerto Rico may be a good comparison.

WYite
Hi, WYite!
My mbuna shipment arrived here by USPS Express Mail. Eddie sent it on Tuesday and I received it at home on next day (Wednesday) at 3:00 PM. Seven months ago I received a shipment of Heterandria formosa from Ohio and they didn't guarantee me a next day delivery by USPS Express Mail also, but it arrived home 21 hours after being sent! I hope this can help you to make a decision.

Last edited:

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Took me 2 nights for USPS Express.
from Illinoise to wi from were he lived should have been an 8.5 hour drive. yet got here in 2 days instead of 1 day. don't always trust USPS Express..

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Hi, WYite!
My mbuna shipment arrived here by USPS Express Mail. Eddie sent it on Tuesday and I received it at home on next day (Wednesday) at 3:00 PM. Seven months ago I received a shipment of Heterandria formosa from Ohio and they didn't guarantee me a next day delivery by USPS Express Mail also, but it arrived home 21 hours after being sent! I hope this can help you to make a decision.
Gives me enough confidence that I'm gonna give it a try the next time my days off fall during the week. Thanks a lot for the input, everybody.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store