105G First tank (african) need help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

will74

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
Kentucky
fish

Nice rocks! But you need several more. As for the fish they should be fine together. And peacocks are from malawi.

danikagrace

AC Members
May 13, 2007
about the rocks. do i really need more when each of the rocks is 65cm long and 30 plus caves in each of them. the only reason i say this is because the rock were hand carved and cost $140 each. yes i know im mad but if it's for my fish and i would pay that a year just to sit and watch them have fun in the rocks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I think you need more rockwork. While very nice as it is and great contrast. Mixing the different species from Malawi and Tangs will call for it.

danikagrace

AC Members
May 13, 2007
well i guess the kids won't get to eat this month. ha ha well if i had some. i take the advice and get another (ooh my legs went weak) so what mbuna do you think i should add just honestly can't decide meself

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
nice start !

considering your mix I would add labidochromis caereulus, pseodotropheus socolofi, iodotropheus sperengae, pseudotropheus acei (I prefer the white tailed variety)

A ratio of 1 male to 3/4 females of those would be very colourful and they are amongst the most docile mbuna, which would be nice for your tangs.

You could probably have some more peacocks as well in that size tank. If you did that I'd have no females, but no similar looking males/males of the same species.

You do need way more rock work though. Those carved rocks look good, and are not bad as such in your tank, but you need some large piles, stacked right up to the water line, of actual caves. You can use almost any rock - tuffa is great; light and easy to arrange - you don't need that spendy stuff.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I thought that Peacocks are also a spieces that comes from Malawi... humm.. maybe Im wrong. quote]

No you're right. Peacocks = the Aulonocara species, named for the bright colours & dramatic finnage, and they are malawis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store