10g Paludarium (maybe) build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Mold generally is just a sign of a new system. It is similar to diatoms in a new tank and is usually harmless. With time, your tank will mature and the mold will die off. There is no need to scrap the design; just put the plants in and wait awhile before adding any animals and you'll be fine.

BTW: This tank looks great! Good luck with it!

pedzola

AC Members
Aug 26, 2005
Glad to hear that the mold is probably no big deal. I already added the plants anyway, because what else was I going to do? :eek:

So here's the first go at planting...

There is a "waterfall" coming down from the left onto the "shelf". There are holes drilled through the cork shelf, and I put gravel on top. Makes for basically a drip-waterfall, works out really nice.

Picture 059.jpgPicture 053.jpgPicture 043.jpg

Sorry again for crappy pics, can't seem to do any better.

I'm not sure how the grassy plant is going to fare in here. Since I've had it I haven't seen any noticeable growth. I put one on the shelf as you see and the other on the terrace.

I have one more anubias hastifolia that is shorter than the other 2. I was thinking I might put it in there right in front of the other 2, but didn't because I thought it was too crowded. Dunno... we'll see.

Also the bacopa, or whatever it is, is a bit of a problem. Don't really know what to do w/it. Again I put a small piece on the shelf and stuck a couple to the gravel w/rocks to hold them down. They didn't seem to be doing great as floating plants in the grow-out tank, which is what I really wanted them for...

hmmmm... any suggestions for differnet layout or other plants?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put some shrimp and a betta in here.

Picture 043.jpg Picture 053.jpg Picture 059.jpg

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
It looks great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store