10gal Stocking Questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Is this a good combination for a 10 gal? 2 guppies, 3 platies, 3 ghost shrimp, & 1 Nerite Snail?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Hanna1187

Registered Member
Dec 23, 2019
Hello! I am new to fish keeping and would like some opinions/advice on my possible plan for a 10 gallon tank.

After a lot of reading online I was thinking about building up the following community:

- 2 guppies
- 3 platies
- 3 ghost shrimp
- 1 netrite snail

My questions are:

-Is this an acceptible community for a 10 gal? I don’t want to over stock and have tried to consider like environment needs and dwelling levels for the tank.

-I don’t want more fish so is it okay to get both male or both female guppies? How about the Platies? Also, if it is okay to get either all male or all female, is it better to get males or females?

-Should all the platies be the same kind? For example all three Sunburst or can I get a combination such as 2 Sunburst and a Mickey Mouse?

-I don’t want to add all the fish at once so I am wondering if I should I start with platies or guppies first since this is a new tank? (I have already done a fishless cycle).

-Is it okay to add either the 2 guppies or 3 platies to start off at the same time or should I start with only one fish and then add another later and so on?

-Finally, I am wondering if it is okay to start with the snail and the 3 shrimp right off? Or do I need to slowly add them in one at a time too?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store