10gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Hi, Aquaman !

While a 10g is small, you still have lots of choices. If you like cichlids, you can put a male and female German ram in there. If not, you can even do a small school of tetras and a couple of corys. I would stick to the 1 to 1 1/2 inch range ... the quantity depends on the type of fish ! :)

thecowman

AC Members
Jun 12, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
Visit site
A 10 gallon is a rather small tank. I would not recommend you keep anything larger than a pair of smaller gouramis, maybe a pair of dwarf gouramis. And who knows, they might even breed. This could make the tank even more interesting to observe provided you can find a place to keep the fry. Small non-aggressive cichlids such as rams would work, as stated above. But if you choose to keep cichlids, I would strongly advise that you stick to the least aggressive species as 10 gallons is hardly enough room for the fish to establish their own territories.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
If the rest of the fish you choose are fairly peaceful then you could have a Betta as a centerpiece fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store