112G Planted Show Tank Journal!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I'd pack that tank with some floating water sprite for the time being (until your new plants come in). It can be removed and sold later on. The sooner the CO2 is running, the better.
okay! floating? i have a lot of rooted! the Co2 would be running today but...:(

I saw a bunch for sale on aquabid last night
thanks! i think i will use the same that i alreadyhave

will rooted water sprite do fine floating?

or are they different?

Sorry guys, but more PROBLEMS:( Turns out the Regulator as the LARGEST FREAKIN BOLT:( The wrench set my dad has has 50 wrenches, but of course, the largest one is just 2mm small and won't work...

hand-tight won't be enough? right

i have an adjustable one as well, but again won't go that big! i will be going to home depot or some other store today

btw, i just got in 20+ E Tenellus I think...will plant and post pics

the E ten is part of my final scape, so i will be planting where it should be in the end

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Your tank is coming along very nicely and your efforts are really beginning to show! Given a bit of time and your tank will become a jungle! I can't wait to see it in about 6-months or so. :thm:

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
Brother,

I am excited to see how this turns out. I hope to see some pictures soon!!! Also, I am sorry to hear that you are having SO much trouble, but I hate to add to it but the ADA Amazonia New soil leaches ammonia for the first like month. At least it did for mine and I have sent you pictures of what it did to my tank etc, SOOO I wish you the best because I want to see this turn out the way you want esp since I have a new 125 sitting in my garage doing nothing but cycling water since last August haha... Keep me informed, please!

Parrottbay

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Brother,

I am excited to see how this turns out. I hope to see some pictures soon!!! Also, I am sorry to hear that you are having SO much trouble, but I hate to add to it but the ADA Amazonia New soil leaches ammonia for the first like month. At least it did for mine and I have sent you pictures of what it did to my tank etc, SOOO I wish you the best because I want to see this turn out the way you want esp since I have a new 125 sitting in my garage doing nothing but cycling water since last August haha... Keep me informed, please!

Parrottbay
thanks man! yea, i am just prone to having problems lol...everything we own eventually breaks down only when I AM AROUND lol...i'll keep you posted man! cleared my inbox too!

posting a pic in a sec...but on to more problems lol

the bubble counter seems to be acting weird as the bubble rate changes between 0.25 bubbles per second to 1 bubble a second every few hours or so...i paid for the best needle valve GLA had and am kind of disappointed...I contacted orlando and he says he will take a look at the pics I sent him and figure out a solution...I may have made a mistake while setting up
on the BRIGHT SIDE:)
plants are doing great now! only minor (for now as I am doing a stanford internship this summer for 1 month) is that I have to unplug and plug the Co2 system every morning and night as the timer is kind of weird...I will go buy a new timer soon or order one on amazon!

thanks for all the support guys! I can't wait for how this turns out either!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Here is a quick pic
I just scattered everything cuz I still need to find more hardscape

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1370803716.216338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1370803716.216338.jpg

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Everything is doing awesome! The Rotala is REALLY taking off! only problem:( is my crypt pontedrifolia seems to be suffering now with the Co2...before CO2 it was growing with healthy green leaves...now with Co2 the leaves are shriveling/withering up and holes are appearing...any idea why? do they not like Co2? The other plants and even low light java fern are doing fine so I am not sure...thanks in advance!

I did find a few pieces of wood this morning while biking but they were too big:( if I cut them, they'd look awkward so I am just going to stick with the driftwood I already have! I will post pics of the other wood I have in other tanks that I am willing to move!

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
I have encountered what you are describing before... as always I could be mistaken but I have a chart on my laptop at my room BUT it shouldnt be the CO2 causing the problems EVER but if you ask me it is being caused by the early signs of a lack of a certain type of nutirent and that plant is the only one showing the symptons as of now OR the only one that needs alot of that fert. It will take some research on your part but it should be pretty simple to find, if not I can tell you in roughly 24 hours. I BELIEVE it is the "K" fert like potassium... I am going to research it now though for you...Hence agian, I could be 100% wrong but from experiance and reading c02 usually makes certain plants; usually fast growing like stems; shows lack nutrients faster. In my case it was showing in my blyxa... I just checked and it should be a lack of "K". I hope this helps and works out for you!!! BTW thanks again for the friend request!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Thanks man! No problem! Okay I'll search that up too! I hope it is cheap to make homemade...or I'll just end up buying it from ADA! Thanks again! My rotala is doing great for some reason tho...so is the ludwigia palustris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store