12 Volt Man's New Fishroom Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

12 Volt Man

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Ontario Canada
picked up a couple of those new 'super red' gold severums today on impulse buy. had to fill the quarentine tank when I got home so excuse the bubbles all over the fish LOL

they will live in this tank for a few months I think, to grow them up a bit and to make sure they do not have camallanus worms.

many of the severums at the LFS's in my area seem to get severums in with these dreaded worms in from the suppliers.

I want to ensure these guys are clean before they go into the 150g.

since the worm can live inside the fish for a long time before being visible out the anus, the quarentine period has to be long

IMG_0098.JPG

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
have you thought bout using wormer plus as a precaution it will kill any worms and flukes that the fish may have

12 Volt Man

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Ontario Canada
I am actually going to have to return one of the severums tomorrow. one is being clobbered by the other one. I had a feeling this might happen, but I took a chance.

normally, I buy cichlids in trios or foursomes to spread out agression, otherwise I usually only get one.

but since these fish were nice, I decided to take a chance..lol

and they were too expensive to buy a bunch of them.

oh well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store