120 Gallon Mexico River Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Where do you find these gorgeous rocks, lol? I was inspired by the riparium that you have with the beautiful smooth red rocks, but do you THINK I could find any???

No, lol.

Your tanks are stunning.

Kristina
thanks gain very much. i have those rocks described in the link at the top of the article. the red rocks in my 55 are really old weathered bricks that i found in the river.

where did you find those fish, they're awesome
i caught 'em.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
thanks gain very much. i have those rocks described in the link at the top of the article. the red rocks in my 55 are really old weathered bricks that i found in the river.
WOW, very ingenious! No wonder I could find nothing that compared!

I did manage to find some "western sunset" landscaping rock, it is like a terra cotta color and texture, and has so far been working well for me.

Kristina

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
can you post a picture of that "western sunset". i wonder if i could get it here(?).

i have lots of old pictures form this tank. i'll add a few more, in reverse chronology.

this one is from February.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I remember seeing this tank on that other forum when looking for a plant species. Not from that forum but still read the thread. Very nice tank. I wish I could try something like that but my luck the plants would turn yellow and black within a week of being with me lol

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
or a box, with a bunch of weeds growing out the top. ;)
LOL, weeds do have a certain appeal ;)

Here are pics of my little riparium, nowhere near as fancy as yours, but ah well :D

Kristina

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
i have weeds in my tomato garden. it doesnt look that good
:lol:Yeah no kidding huh I got weeds with my Agave's on the side of the house and it does take away from the look. hydrophyte those are some nicely setup weeds cuz no way mine ever look that good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store