125 gallon saltwater setups HELP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

torontoleafs_ro

Noob Reefer
Oct 12, 2007
GTA area Ontario, Canada
the lighting setup your recommending is just a little more time consuming than i would to do ... i don't mind assembling or wiring up the light fixtires but thats just to many pieces and shipping could become expensive to canada... and i miss typed i meant a coralife super skimmer .. or if u have any other sujestions for the tank setup let me know

torontoleafs_ro

Noob Reefer
Oct 12, 2007
GTA area Ontario, Canada
come on some sujestions please.... on equipment , thoughts or ideas for the tank, how you might go about it ... and if you recommend equipment please be specific... i'm just looking for some advice and im running out of time

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
come on some sujestions please.... on equipment , thoughts or ideas for the tank, how you might go about it ... and if you recommend equipment please be specific... i'm just looking for some advice and im running out of time

The trouble is that you're asking us to take what we'd do with a $1000 budget for a new SW set-up and wanting us to spend it in a rush due to a sale you've found. The sale might be a good one but if you don't already have a clear idea of what you want you could end up spending more money in the end than you would have if you'd done research first.

I can throw out names like Deltec, Euro-Reef, Tunzes for skimmers. I can toss around names like IceCap for lights. We all can, but the trouble is that there isn't one formula for setting up a tank and you need to have a clearer idea (or at least share with us what that is) of what you're trying to create.

And psst, if it were me...and I had a $1000 I'd first look at used set-ups. For that amount around here I could probably even get a Geo Calcium Reactor with the system.

torontoleafs_ro

Noob Reefer
Oct 12, 2007
GTA area Ontario, Canada
i've scrounged up 2000$ and thats not for the complete setup thats just for what i'm going 2 spend at the sale i'm not planing on getting everything there in one day i'm just planing on getting what ever equipment i need that takes up the money..... so i'm really just looking for everyones advice on (if it was your tank) what is the must have piece of equipment for the tank.... (keep in mind i'll probably have to get the lighting at a later date because it'd eat up almost all the budget... hopefully i hear back from some people before the sale and if not merry christmas to everyone

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Deffinately a large Quarantine Tank, with all the fixins. Sump/fuge Large. Maybe even a smaller hospital tank. And the room to put em.

I would also pick up a can of patience. The sale may be good, but there are always deals if you wait.

But if I had that budget, here is what I would do. Get the tank, some korellas and some heaters. I would fill tank with sand and salt water and wait. Then I would go get some rock.

I would squirrel away the rest in a safe place earmarked for the tank. That way any impulse buys can be funded at time of need.

Merry Christmas!

torontoleafs_ro

Noob Reefer
Oct 12, 2007
GTA area Ontario, Canada
i'm not seting up the tank for a couple of months maybe read the entire thread before you make a comment .... just a thought i appreciate everyones help but this is not an impulse buy i'm trying to do my hw but i'm just looking forthe right advice .... so please read the questions that i asked previous and answer accordingly

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
i'm not seting up the tank for a couple of months maybe read the entire thread before you make a comment .... just a thought i appreciate everyones help but this is not an impulse buy i'm trying to do my hw but i'm just looking forthe right advice .... so please read the questions that i asked previous and answer accordingly
Yes, you are trying to do an impulse buy!! Big sale!! Buy it NOW!!!

Have you not read anything anybody posted in this thread?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night :hearts:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store