125g Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Well, Good news and bad news- Bad being that one of them died last night. I think it was because there was too much flow in the tank and he was too small and must have made for too stressful of a night. The good news- The rest are great. I turned off two powerheads now as opposed last night I still had 2 on so I only have 1 on now. They seem very happy and seem to stick together well. I fed them a bit and they ate so they seem good. Here are some pics.

Hopefully after another month or so my tank will be fully cycled and good to get a less hardy fish.

In the mean time I will be setting up my sump system and ATO.

I've got alot of work to do!

PS the powerhead they are next to is off otherwise they would be swept away!

100_0807.JPG 100_0817.JPG 100_0819.JPG

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
This time once I reconstructed my sump I removed the panel in my stand and put it in there- that was a few days ago- and now I fully have my sump up and running. I put my heathers- thermometer, filter and protein skimmer in it. I have an eshopps-1000 and a mag-7 pump. The whole set-up is a bit noisy but not bad.

At first I thought it was much much louder
There are two small PVC pipes that the eshopps comes with and the water flows down though them while still in the overflow box I forgot to put the sponge padding in the pvc so when it flowed down it made a huge gugling sound and when the water came out of the PVC there were so many air bubbles it was like a rapid of spashing water in there. Once I put in the sponges though it calmed down alot and a vast majority of the noise is gone!!!

Here are some pics of my set-up. If there is anything you guys see that I should watch out for or change- let me know.

Thanks alot

100_0875.JPG 100_0881.JPG 100_0873.JPG 100_0876.JPG 100_0874.JPG

Muske

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Mundelein IL
Have you checked the capasity of the 29 if and when the power goes out?

As the pre-filter collect a little detrius, there will be even less noise.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
yeah, I've tested it and we've already had a power-outage so it's a good thing that I did. Thats a good idea for the pre-filter I will def look into that .

Well, New/ big update- I've got a huma huma trigger and Snowflake eel- They both seem to be doing great and eating very well. The huma has an awesome personality, and he is a pig!- he is about 2-3" and everytime I put my hand or soemthing into the tank he will rush right over to it. He also lets me hand feed him which is alot of fun and he has also nipped at my hand a couple times before realizing it wasn't food.

The snowflake has been in the tank about 3 days and has spend most of his time in the rocks hidden. He's starting to come out more and more though and during feeding he comes out most of the way. He's about 7-8" and very small in circumference- he seems to be doing great though and is a ton of fun to watch eat!!

They are some really awesome fish!

100_0886.JPG 100_0892.JPG 100_0893.JPG 100_0891.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store