125gal Cube Tanganyika

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Callochromis Melanogostigma

Here is my newest additions today and are a nice aggressive Sandsifter..

001.JPG

Look at the female she is holding eggs..
002.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

This is a Baby Nkambe look how cool he is..
005.JPG

001.JPG 002.JPG 011.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 016.JPG 005.JPG

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey mr cichlid there are a few sandsifters out there but you will have a hard time finding them you may have to order some. You can achieve the same thing when you do water changes and stir the sand with the tube..

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i just want to have something in there that does it for me when i am not around or something...what snails do u have in ur tank??? thanks!

hey ur melanogostigma fish look really awesome...and congrats on the spawn too...are these specifically a tang cichlids??? or can i add them to my malawi tank?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
what kind??? cud u pls give me some details??? as u know i am trying to find a solution for my 125g cichlid tank that has deep sand bed too. thanks in advance.
Judging by your stock lists, these cichlids are not the answer. Males need a good amount of room on the bottom for a territory and will not fare well with the fish you keep. Not to mention the amount of sand sifting they do just scratches the surface.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Judging by your stock lists, these cichlids are not the answer. Males need a good amount of room on the bottom for a territory and will not fare well with the fish you keep. Not to mention the amount of sand sifting they do just scratches the surface.
pappy, thanks for the info. are there anyother sand sifter fish that can go with malawi cichlids? and other than malaysian trumpet snails are there any other snails that can do the job in a malawi cichlid tank??? :1zhelp:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
awe look at my future fry!!!

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
When i was at the ACA convention this year i picked up a few black elephant snails they look like a giant Malaysian snail i also have Malaysian snails in my sand beds to turn it over but i only keep about an inch of sand with egg crate in all of my setups never really an issue with this..

Austin you have dibs bro.. i just hope i can catch her in that big setup..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charming little beauties your new additions, bro Pitt!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store