15-gallon Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
These particular plants all do just fine in the regular room air, although I imagine that temperature and humidity are moderated a bit right there next to the water.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I have a start on the hardscape. I decided to go with the lace rock.

I hope to be back with pictures soon.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Here is a bit of a rescape with a stone rearrangement and a couple of new taller plants.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Here's another view, from a different angle.

What do you all think of the hardscape? I might add fish soon.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Here is one additional shot.

I got the fish in there last night. I think that my selections go pretty well with the hardscape and plants. I hope to come back soon with a picture of them.

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I have a couple of points for you:

(1) Gorgeous tank
(2) Gorgeous plants
(3) Gorgeous photography

I loved you previous tank too, I'm not sure I could break down such a nice looking setup.

You have also motivated me to re-silicone my entire tank, I was only going to do the cracked plastic rims parts, but based on your pics, I think I can handle doing the glass panes.

Thanks!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
THanks so much geekpryde!

Here is a quick shot from last night. I added some underwater plants.

matt12

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
looking good so far. keep an eye on your PH, the lace rock will raise it and limit your plant choices

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks matt12. I'm not terribly concerned about the lace rock. These are all plants that I have grown pretty well already in our very hard tapwater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store