15 INCH Midas Video and mixed tank video

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

managuense

AC Members
Apr 15, 2003
oro
www.kbcichlid.bravepages.com
The butti is bigger than your midas, did those two ever bump heads? i really like your fish iam also a fanatic. that midas was sweet, any nice pics of the doviis or umbee? 10 out of 10 on the pics and vids! :D
toerag said:
No...none have lived that long....but I've had incredible luck with long lasting cichlids....but, I way over do the filtration...(my bank acct. will prove this)...I have one 250 gallon tank...one 150 gallon tank.....one 110 gallon tank....two 30 gallon longs, one 39 gallon hex and a multitude of ten gallon tanks...I've sold all my 55's and others...(wife was threatening to leave just cuz she had to walk under them, around them...and what the hell are closets and bathrooms for anyhow?).....My tanks are overcrowded...(one, way too much which I'm taking care of this weekend).....but, overcrowding to some extent has worked well for me in the past as it cuts down on aggression with the type cichlids I keep. Here's a few more pics....and, thanks for all the very kind replies.....currently I have about 40 mixed young fish...midas, labiatums, striped labiatums, red faced costa ricans, red barred midas, amarillo, umbriferums, haitensis, loiselle, friederschii sp?, synspillum, zaliosum/arrows, 16 inch butter tilapia, two Dovii, a tetracanthus and a blackbelt and many very large, and maybe some others I've forgotten about....(wish I could photograph like MOJO but don't have that kind of equipt nor the talent)

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
ive been wanting a midas so bad but im afraid to do it. ive heard they are really aggressive and usually end up alone
maybe when all my cichlids are 10"+ ill try a small midas
i have a 220 gallon, sorta understocked for now...i need more cichlids lol

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
8" oscar
7" gold severum (hes a aggressive)
5" electric blue jack dempsey
4" green terror female
5" male black belt
4.5" texas cichlid
4" male zebra convict
4" red parrot
9" featherfin catfish
dither fish...3 silver dollars, 4 tinfoil barbs, 5 tiger barbs

----
in a grow out tank i have a 2" firemouth and a 2" albino oscar, they wont be ready for the 220g for several months

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
reply..

You have a pretty good many in there now...I've sent you a 'pm'....email me...buzz52tr@yahoo.com

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
i saw some really nice bright red midas's the other day, in all places petsmart lol
they were a decent size about 4"
this is the first time ive ever seen midas sold, usually i see red devils everywhere
im really tempted to go back and get one but at 4" it seems pretty risky....buutt...i can always set up yet another tank just for him :D
i would of had the 55g that the cichlids are in now but i allready planned a reef tank for it. i bought all the saltwater equipment allready, i knew i should have waited :(

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
Man thats a nice midas. **** reminded me of my Male Red devil, I put his picture on my profile picture, that.... :sad: Anyway, I miss "DeeBoo."

KINGMIDAS

AC Members
May 16, 2006
Biggins

Here is a pic of my kids, Love the Midas Cichlid...
Just got them in a 125 together. When they were little, Elephant man was beating up Red so they were separated. Now its Red's revenge..

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
Hiya King...

Very nice Midas's......and great size too....I have a ton of these sweet calm easy going sweethearts.....I feed them stray dogs, cats, kids that wander thru the neighborhood.....(of course, I put them in a 'sick' tank for a few days first to make sure they don't have measles or anything)......those are some real beauts though....have ya got some more pics?....

KINGMIDAS

AC Members
May 16, 2006
eats

Toerag, that's great LOL!
I feed mine squirrels that get too close to the door...
Well, I had to separate those two last night as I feared. 2 big males just don't get along in the same tank. Oh well, they both looked good together for a bit. Here are some more pics of the two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store