187 Gallon Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
By eating your nem, I think the angel answered the question. If it did that it proabbaly would not be safe with coral except maybe softies. Glad you're having success with both DA's btw.

I would much rather have a reef with a tang or two. You have a really nice FOWLR though so it's a tough call.

fishfreak2009

in the fishroom
Jul 12, 2010
Rochester, Michigan
Real Name
Ashton
Well, I guess it'll be a FOWLR, and I will skip the filefish because I don't want my hermits eaten (I forgot that I owned one previously and it ate all my nerite snails... )

fishfreak2009

in the fishroom
Jul 12, 2010
Rochester, Michigan
Real Name
Ashton
Definitely a FWSI (Fish with selected invertebrate) system now. I added 2 new animals today! One is a cleaner shrimp that I couldn't get any pictures of before it hid. The other is a pearlscale butterflyfish! It already eats like a pig, and is swimming all over the tank. I also managed to get a picture of the clowns together.

Pics:

066.JPG

067.JPG

068.JPG

069.JPG

066.JPG 067.JPG 068.JPG 069.JPG

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Wow...6 years, that's great!!! He is soooo cute, love your angels too!

fishfreak2009

in the fishroom
Jul 12, 2010
Rochester, Michigan
Real Name
Ashton
Mom and dad were so happy with how the tank looks, they took me to the LFS again today! I got three new animals! Pics of them, but still none of the shrimp (I did see him cleaning both angels though). I purchased a greedily feeding copperband butterfly, a lubbock's fairy wrasse, and a blue linckia starfish (which is already grazing on my nori after a 2 hour drip acclimation. Nitrates are officialy at 2ppm, and there's no ammonia or nitrite.

Pics:

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

005.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG

fishfreak2009

in the fishroom
Jul 12, 2010
Rochester, Michigan
Real Name
Ashton
Ya, about the copperband. It kept eating but it passed away last night. The fish looked great when I bought it, but it rapidly broke down and died. I called the LFS today, and apparently all of the other copperbands from the shipment also broke down like that.
What sucks even more is that it lasted less than 24 hours, but the store doesn't guarantee any saltwater fish.

Good news is that everything else still looks good. I got a magnetic algae cleaner for the tank, and $180 to spend on any fish I want for the tank for christmas.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Looks great! And nice fish, sorry to hear about your loss. At least you know it wasnt your fault. Keep going :)

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
That is a very nice looking set up you have there. Your fish are gorgeous you have made some very good selections.

fishfreak2009

in the fishroom
Jul 12, 2010
Rochester, Michigan
Real Name
Ashton
I tried egg crating on the inside, but it doesn't fit because there is piping in the way. However, it should be covered in coralline in a few weeks anyways.

As for adding more rock, I really want to keep the tank as open as possible, and there is already 250 lbs. in the tank (some of my rock is really dense). I also want to have a small group of heniochus in this tank, and I want to give them as much swimming room as possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store