20 2" discus for $9 each ... good/bad?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

olichka87

AC Members
Mar 1, 2007
west sacramento
hi
i email him and he said that "The fish that you saw on our sites were of a few shipments before and they were sold. We will have a new shipment coming in in about 7-10 days from Tony Tan. You will be more than welcome to come pick them up in person. Currently I also have some hih body, locally bred Leopard anmd Leopard Snakeskin frys. Their parents were originated from Wayne Ng and Tony Tan's spotted lines."

i will ether drive up to get the Leopard and Leopard Snakeskin frys,(but i don't know the price yet, how much do they usually charge for those colors?) i rely like that color, or i will wait for the new shipment to come in.

thanks for the advice

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Different prices for different sizes and strains of fish. Imports and home-bred are not always priced the same either. So I really couldn't tell you what he would charge for some of his own breeding. If you go to the discus forum under the sponsor section and look thru the postings, he puts prices and pictures up of what he brings in from Tony Tan. So take a look when you get time, you may change your mind on colors when you see all the beautiful strains that are available. If you're interested in his own fish, just ask him to send you a picture of them to your email. If you are going to wait to see what he's bringing in, a lot of the hard to get strains are pre-sold and the rest sell very, very fast. Tell him Debbi from New Jersey said hi!!!

greyhoundfan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2007
San Diego, CA
Tell him Debbi from New Jersey said hi!!!
AND Reid from San Diego!! hehe!!.. If you stick to Kenny's Leopard fry, I'm guessing they'd be less than what he will charge for Tony Tan's leopard b/c Tony's Leopards will have some good size already.. 2.5"-4.5". It is worth the drive. Somone from Irvine even drove up to buy Kenny's fish..That's 7hrs ONE way!!

Hey Debbi..you think Kenny will give us any middleman/woman fees!!??:grinyes:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
:grinno::grinno::grinno:probably not.....I still don't think he knows I'm going after him for wriggler support checks!:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

Discus Kenny

Registered Member
Sep 27, 2007
Daly City, CA
Hey Debbi..you think Kenny will give us any middleman/woman fees!!??:grinyes:
Reid and Debbi my friends...you bet!:lol: This month I've already sent out many "wriggler support checks"...you two haven't received yours?:grinyes:

How are you guys doing?:) My sixth sense told me that you've been talking about me haha!:headbang2: Thanks friend! I did talk to Olga today; she was interested in the 20 juvies for $225 deal($11.25 each) but they were sold to the first person inquired about them. Currently I also set aside some spotted frys for my own future stock but if Olga likes them she can take them. I've been selling my locally bred frys for roughly $10-$20 per 1.5"-2" fish depending on strains and grades. Some strains are harder to breed genetically(e.g. albinos) while others are a lot easier(blues).

Thanks for the kind referral Debbi and Reid...isn't discus a small world?:)

Hi Olga, Sat will be just fine see ya friend.:)

Kenny

A few pics to share with you friends. Some of them will be picked up by others tomo.

Picture 228.jpg Picture 232.jpg Picture 237.jpg Picture 236.jpg Picture 217.jpg Picture 216.jpg

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hey Kenny...good to hear from you!! Maybe you got my zip code wrong on the wriggler checks?:grinyes: :grinyes: When are you coming to get my living room and dining room furniture so I can buy more tanks?;) And yes, it is a small discus world, for sure! Olga, I can't wait to hear about your visit to Kenny's. You may go in wanting 20 and come out carrying 100! I am sure you will be thrilled! Keep us posted.

Good to see you here Kenny!

Discus Kenny

Registered Member
Sep 27, 2007
Daly City, CA
Hey Debbi, likewise!:) Thanks friend just to be sure I re-sent another wriggler check out to you today haha! :grinyes: j/k As for the purchase of your living/dinning room furniture...see you on craigslists!:idea:

It's my great pleasure seeing you here Debbi! Stay in touch as always.

Kenny

olichka87

AC Members
Mar 1, 2007
west sacramento
thank you so much Kenny for the wonderful fry that you sold me.
they are doing well, they have started eating couple of hours after they went in the tank.

i will post pictures as they grow, i am sure that they will be gorgeous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store