20g Cork Scape Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
yeah, I think there's a 50/50 shot of it lasting longer than 18 months...tannins and leeching are no issue to me... if not a possible benefit. I've tried to give myself a good shot at duration by using a ton of silicone and window screen as a lathe/binder between panels. hopefully that will keep the shape intact longer.

check out herpsupplies.com or maryland cork for virgin cork tubes. I've ordered from herpsupplies.com twice with great results.

the final gluing is almost done. water within 3 days! whoopa!

"13"

Thirteen
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
Looks good so far. What are you using for a filter for that tank. ?

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Your tank looks really nice!! I can't wait to see this as a finished tank..........:)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Why would it fall apart? Is it different from the cork they use in wine bottles and such? If so wouldn't it be quite resilient? I have no firsthand knowledge, just seems counter-intuitive to me.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
the cork itself isn't likely to disintegrate much, but it could crack and swell, loosen over time. I have manzanita branches, which are hard and resiliant, that have lost SO much of their volume over a year+, going from 1/2" round to 3/8" or less. this is, I think, from bacteria and shrimp working away at the surface for months and months on end. I can imagine a similar, but slower process happening with the cork. I'm banking against it.

all the gluing is done. can't decide if I should paint the back tonight or not, I am out of paper towels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store