20g High mass die off/restock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Kayla, I guess I'm confused by this tread.

Are you asking a question or just sharing your experience? I personally would be more concerned about not repeating, or finding the cause of your "mass die-off" before I started dropping more fish into the tank.

You don't ever seem to consider anyone's advice in terms of stocking or tank size/footprint, and issues are happening for you.

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
I'm glad that your die off didn't turn you off from the hobby. When that happens and you aren't sure why, a good rule for the future is to add new fish slowly - a little at a time... but I'm glad it seems to be working out.
I'm a member of NJAGC.net (NJ aquatic gardeners club) Its in your neighborhood. Its small enough that everyone knows each other, but big enough that you get really good info (and clippings). They helped me a lot, with information and to get local help when there is a crisis. You may want to check it out, especially since your tanks are all planted. Maybe I'll see you there.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have a very crazy work schedule and I do mean crazy... to the point I have the weirdest sleep schedule.

I have 5 tanks, one has a leopard Gecko in it. I have the 20H, 20L, 37g, 2.5g and a 10g(Gecko tank), the mass die off was in the 20H which been running for over a yr. the 20L been running for close to 6 months now, the 37g for 5 years and the 2.5g only a few days.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I lost the betta my friend forced me to buy. He wouldn't really eat anything, while the tetras and platies ate like the piggies they are. I did order a betta off the net, I normally don't order fish online. But this boy I couldn't resist, I had to have him. He's due to arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'll post photos once he settles into the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store