21st in 8 more days.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
We, being the planet? The sun? The solar system?

The problem here is that any 2 points are always going to form a line. There's nothing mystical about it. To have anything more requires 3 points. So, pick. What is 'aligned'?

The planets in our solar system are not forming a line right now. Even if the sun and earth and the 'center of the galaxy' did line up, it would be for a fraction of a second, as all of the bodies are in motion. Fast. Not toddling along, but rolling at a zippy 30 km/second just around the sun.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
^ Yep.
Basic geometry.

And with orbital physics, 3 objects aligning is nothing. The earth moon and sun do it on a regular basis. People used to think that was special too.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
um troll? no...............
and the stuff i post, i do my research on... and the day is not over yet either.. its just be begining, we have met in the middle of the galaxy. ill get a pic to prove it.
any 3 objects will make a plane. In that sense we are always aligned with the galactic center.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
how do we know when the aliens show up?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I personally think that the world is gonna end... when my parents find out my grades. Don't worry, I'll keep it till after Christmas :D

On a more serious note, LBF, I love ya, but read a book written by someone with legal proof they have the know-about to write the book. Sheesh, the completely impossible (by all the known laws of physics, mathematics, and geometry) crap you're spewing out is getting on my nerves. It's one thing to say "I think the world will end." as an opinion, but to state it as a fact with complete :bs: as your 'proof' is just plain frustrating.

On that note, I personally DO believe that there will be vast struggles in the future - humans are using up all our resources (oil, food, water, space) and are pushing our planet closer and closer to the point of complete collapse. We've already passed the point of no return, so all we can do is struggle through the collapse of the economy/biosphere/civilization we've all known and loved for the past 10 thousand years or so(Rb is about 10k right?). The end will come - but I don't think that there is anything supernatural, extra-terrestrial, or religious that can/will alter/affect this. Humans created the struggles we will now be surviving, and no gods, aliens, or supernatural events can be blamed for it.

Just my Opinion and 2centz.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Humans killing ourselves off isn't really the end of the world, now is it? We're just one more species that had a turn on this planet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store