230g freshwater Ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
Just wondering on the 230g part of this. . **** good.. What would be the length of such a tank?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Regarding cories and yoyo loaches, I know the cories won't bother the loaches at all, but I'm not sure if the loaches will leave the cories alone or not.

iboG

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Medicine hat, AB
Real Name
Kyle
Just wondering on the 230g part of this. . **** good.. What would be the length of such a tank?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
6 foot x 2 foot x 3 foot tall

That's what I was worried about with the loaches and the cories.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I would definitely encourage you to swap out the substrate and return to pool filter sand. Much more natural looking and my nicer on the barbels of your bottom crew

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I agree with Roy... Sand would be much better! You can also just use play sand instead of PFS. You are going to need about 200 lbs of it! Plant that tank, dude.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

iboG

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Medicine hat, AB
Real Name
Kyle
I agree with Roy... Sand would be much better! You can also just use play sand instead of PFS. You are going to need about 200 lbs of it! Plant that tank, dude.

I love pfs. Unfortunately I have zero luck getting plants to grow in my tanks. Even my 33 gallon. They just don't grow... roots get kinda long but the leaves just go away and then I just have a stump. I've never seen my fish eat the plants or pull them up ever. Just no luck I guess.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Anubias, java fern, wisteria, swords... All the low light guys.

What's the hardness of your water? Most of these are water column feeders rather than root feeders, so substrate really wouldn't matter for these plants in particular. Water hardness and pH will affect them as will ferts (you don't HAVE to dose, but you may have deficiencies for a different reason.) You'd pretty much have to have a NO light situation for most of these to fail due to light issues. Let us help you figure it out! Live plants make a huge difference in the balance and overall health of the tank and fish.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I don't have luck with plants in sand either. I am slowly changing my tanks back to other substrates…..at least the ones I want to be planted!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store