250G March 2007 Update - LOAD WARNING

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The TRUST

Powered by Cichla!
The Gourami is meant to be a gentle giant, how does he cope with those other aggressive fish.

Neil the Brit
Where did you hear that? All 3 Giant Gourami types:

1.) Osphronemus goramy
2.) Osphronemus laticlavius
3.) Osphronemus exodon

All tend to have a nasty attitude sometimes, especially 1 & 3. The Red Tail Gourami is actually calmer than the other 2 but can sometime get nasty as well. I've seen Giant gouramis descale and kill other similar monster size fish as well.

Neilsie

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
I think I read it somewhere, think it was in the practical fishkeeping magazine. Not sure if this magazine is available in the states yet.

crazydaisylou

This is Achmed
Feb 26, 2007
PA
I really like the one in the 33rd picture that has the dark spots/white lines. It reminds me of the bellies of my plecos. He's in most of the pictures, but in the background, and in this one you got him really good. What is that one?

Daisy :p:

crazydaisylou

This is Achmed
Feb 26, 2007
PA
That is the one. Thank you. I think he's awesome looking.

Daisy :fairy:

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Feeding time is VERY WET! LOL! I'll try to get a feeding video in the future.

I've been bitten a few times. It hurts just a little bit and drew some blood from ripping my skin. But it's most of tehir teeth are like sand paper so it's not the teeth you have to worry about. It's the power at which they strike you with. I know someone who has had a finger broken from a huge peacock bass bitting it. :eek:

I love those fish!!! I would so love to see a feeding video, I can not wait. wow it must cost a lot to feed, but your tank looks clean and nice. good job TRUST !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store