250G March 2007 Update - LOAD WARNING

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
You need more fish...LOL

Nice pics!!

crazydaisylou

This is Achmed
Feb 26, 2007
PA
Do you have to clean the tank alot? What kind of filtration system do you have? Are the bass as aggressive as the cichlids? Or are they pretty calm?

Daisy :p:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
thats a great looking tank, what kind of filtration do you have? you must have a mad good system to keep the tank so spotless.

crazydaisylou

This is Achmed
Feb 26, 2007
PA
They are cichlids:D
Ooops. :D I'm new at fish keeping. I got my first tank three months ago, so I really don't know what most fish are, pretty much only the ones that I have and my brother has (he got his tank two months ago). I think I will make a lot of mistakes in names/breeds along the way. There is a lady in another forum website that has been wonderful in helping me along the way.

Daisy

The TRUST

Powered by Cichla!
Just to let you know I had a dream about you tank.

Those fish are SCARY looking.....
LOL! I get that comment from a lot of people.

You need more fish...LOL

Nice pics!!
Hmmmmm.......:rolleyes:

Do you have to clean the tank alot? What kind of filtration system do you have? Are the bass as aggressive as the cichlids? Or are they pretty calm?

Daisy :p:
I clean the tank weekly. I do a 70-80% water change weekly. They can be aggressive but usually it's only to other Cichla and not too much other fish. Although they willfight back if provoked.

thats a great looking tank, what kind of filtration do you have? you must have a mad good system to keep the tank so spotless.
I have 2 huge wet dry filters. Measuring about 24"x16". It used to run wetdry style but I wanted to beef up the biological filtration so I submerged the bioballs and raised the water level then I filled the other side of the sump up with ceramic rings and lava rocks for more beneficial bacteria to colonize.

thats one awesome tank!

They look like peacock bass (common name)

The fish are beautiful.
Thanks! yes they are Peacock Bass.

nice fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store