28 g Bowfront Internal Fuge/Filter + Faux Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
Yes I plan on it. Wanted to see the water flow was first. Think I'm going to restrict flow on the sides a little so more water flows into the fuge.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
Ph is about 9. I think I'm gonna drain it one last time and set it up for real tomorrow! Does anyone know any cycle magic so I don't have to wait another month??

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Filter pad from an established tank, sand from an established tank, live rock. Those are the best cycle enhancers.

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
Parameters are lookin good! I used Caribsea Arag-Alive. It's supposed to help with ammonia spike issues and so far I haven't really had a huge spike and eliminate "new tank syndrome". So far it's working as advertised. Gonna keep testing for a week or two before I add fish. Right now it's just a few macro algae and 3 hermit crabs.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1341932687.858989.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1341932702.882490.jpg
You can see a lil of the seam on the sides of the "window" where some of the rock broke away but other than that you can't really tell there is glass separating the front and back. Pretty sweet!

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1341932687.858989.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1341932702.882490.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Cool looking and original tank! The Carib Sea live sand will not stop a cycle from happening. In theory, it is supposed to speed it up though. Is there any live rock in the tank or is it just the foam wall providing surface area? You need to put something in the tank to provide an ammonia source (the dead organics in the live sand will not be sufficient) to start the cycle. If not, the tank will be sterile and when you do introduce fish, you can expect a spike.

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
No live rock. The wall isn't foam. It's an aragonite/oyster shell/concrete mix. I had a pair of mollies in it for 3 weeks. It was pretty stable the whole time. I added some sea lettuce I got from the beach (I know this is not the best idea) and the water started to smell extra "oceany" and ammonia spiked a lil. I think there were some critters in the lettuce that died off. It's all better now. I added snails, 2 crabs, 3 LPS with low requirements and some rics. So far everyone is happy. Today I'm gonna start building my custom hood and then I will be able to add stuff with higher lighting requirements.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store