29 Gallon Dwarf Cichlid Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

theluckysloth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2013
Virginia
Real Name
Seth
What trees would be more appropriate?

theluckysloth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2013
Virginia
Real Name
Seth
I'm not sure if I'll include leaves, maybe just a few... I don't want to take away the corydoras' open space. I can get the tannin look without leaves, at this point I just want something native. I'll go do some research. Also, I'm going to only have a pair of Apistos, no need to have three really, and I don't want to risk overstocking the tank.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Personally, I would strive for a Natural look.
the species of trees common to South America are not common to North America.

bogwood or other tree branches and or roots will also add tannins and once waterlogged most wood is hard to identify.
btw, leaf litter is common in the water and you can see natural 'rooting' habits as the fish forage amongst the litter.

theluckysloth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2013
Virginia
Real Name
Seth
So I finally finished this. I still need 6 more rummies (out of stock at the LFS), but I have 4 and my apisto cac trio. However, within 2 weeks of being put into the tank, the male cac mated with one of the females and I now have eggs. This is okay, except both the male and female are showing considerable aggression towards the 2nd female. She ends up hiding most of the time. I don't have room for another tank, so my question is if I should just leave her in and hope for the best or give her away.
tank.JPG
Here's the tank.

apisto.JPG
Here's my male.

tank.JPG apisto.JPG

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I would give her away or trade her most likely she will be killed.. The tank is looking good..

theluckysloth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2013
Virginia
Real Name
Seth
Thanks. And I found a LFS who'll take her but I literally couldn't catch her when I tried today. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store