29 Gallon Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
here's a pic of how it kind of looks but the plants are rearanged(ill be getting more plants soon)

oh and there arent any snails

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Okay, then skip the pleco, and maybe get some ottos(after the tank is established and running for a few months) and/or you can get shrimp. Shrimp would be really nice in that tank. Red Cherry Shrimp are great started shrimp. Start with 6, and you will have over 20 in 3-4 months even if your other fish eat some especially since your tank is planted. You could get 2 different species like yellows/RCS and tigers/CRS.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
here's a pic of how it kind of looks but the plants are rearanged(ill be getting more plants soon)

oh and there arent any snails
Looking good, I would get some MTS to stir up the substrate, and an aerator to run at night for the fish. And JMO, but sloping the substrate upwards towards the back of the tank always looks better as it adds depth, and looks more natural.;)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Any Plans on DW? If you do decide on a BN pleco, DW(driftwood) is a must

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
do any of you think i could do
6-columbian tetras
6-juli corys
1-female apisto
1-angelfish
3-ottos
do you? 29 is usually recomended as a minimum for them. what do yall think?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
yeah, it could work, but remember to get the smallest angelfish that you can find

and i personally would skip the apisto or at least get 1 more because dwarf cichlids need to be in groups of at least 2 to make them fun to watch, or they are scaredy cats hiding everywhere.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
mine doesnt hide that much. it hangs with my tetras. would another dwarf cichlid make it more active? i have wanted a german blue ram. what kind of angelfish are small? i was thinking of a white blushing or a blue angelfish, but i might be limited to just the lfs angelfish.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I have, IME. My beautiful male ABN is only 4.5" and he is 1.5 years old, and adult BNs in my LFS are 6"s.
You would have to take into account variables such as diet, water quality, genetics and again the fact that there are several Ancistrus species out there...

I don't see anything glaringly wrong with the proposed stocking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store