29 gallon stocking ideas - help me brainstorm

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
It is a good plan, but my 7 and 10 year old daughters hand-picked the platies. They are part of the tank no matter what ;) There is no getting rid of them. I don't want anything even MILDLY agressive (I do however completely love the butterflies. Have kept them in the past, but they are impossible to find here.)

I also already have half the tetras, and I don't care for rasboras.

okay, then here is what i would change for that which i think is okay as u said u r good with WCs and stock heavily

this may be like 150% to AA.

but oh well

4 java loaches
10 neon tetras
7 platys
1 african butterfly fish
4 corydoras OR 6 pygmy corys

and if ur daughters like bigger schools of fish or u do, then u can skip the butterfly fish, add 4 more neon tetras, and put in a betta

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
You've given the folks here a tall order, particularly since you've had previous experience with a lot of other fish and some of the fish suggested to you.
Here's just a few thoughts - A real nice-sized school of Ember Tetras, or Lemon Tetras - better yet, 8 or 10 sub-adult/ almost mature, or adult Celestial Pear Danios (Galaxy Rasboras - but they sure don't look or act like other Rasboras !)
Check them out - google images of CPD's).

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thank you for the suggestions.

The fact that I have had experience with a lot of suggested fish is really why I was just looking for ideas on center piece fish, not looking to change the stocking that I already have or looking for full stocking lists.

A peacock gudgeon is on my short list at the moment, going to keep digging. Humpbacked goodieds and some of the other larger goodieds are others I am considering.

BoiseNoise

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2011
What did you end up with for your centerpiece fish? I was doing a similar set-up awile back and chose a pearl gourami. Unlike most types of gouramis, he has been totally nonaggressive . . . no problems at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store