29g planted pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
sigh..no patience at all...

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
i like roots. if you have like a maple tree cut it down and dig out the stump. then you get like a trough and wait till tannins stop leaching then you take off the bark and drill 4 wholes big rnough for some floating corks(you may need more. and then let it float.
Cut down the whole tree just for some aquarium hardscape?

:shakehead:

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
i like roots. if you have like a maple tree cut it down and dig out the stump. then you get like a trough and wait till tannins stop leaching then you take off the bark and drill 4 wholes big rnough for some floating corks(you may need more. and then let it float.
thats a good idea, but i dont think its worth the effort and the effect it'll have on their yard visually.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
sigh..no patience at all...
It was tempting to just let it grow in but I also had a lot of people tell me to play around with the driftwood and see if giving the hardscape some height helped. So I decided to play around a bit and see what I liked more and as soon as I turned the wood on its side I liked it much better.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
So I let the water clear up and did some minor plant shifts and trimming on the temple plant which isn't doing great for some reason :headshake2: and this is what I ended up with. I think it's going to stay like this and grow in for at least a month until I move back to school and need to tear it down for the trip.
PICT0035.JPG

PICT0035.JPG

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I'm not sure as I don't really go to petsmart, I try not to support the big box stores and instead go to the LFS even if it means spending an extra few dollars. But it is the nutrafin co2 kit. I bought it with the intention of using my own yeast sugar mix and basically just packaging DIY into the nutrafin container instead of using soda bottles. However, after receiving some opinions I am using up the commercial packets that it came with and they seem to be working ok although I've read they die out fairly quick. Its been up for two weeks now and still running pretty strong.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
no offense, but i don't think that is a good idea at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store