30 breeder re-scape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
looks awesome
Thanks! It turned decent considering the restraints I was working with.

Looks ok. Personally, I'd move the crypt to the back of the tank and make a few bunched areas of the thinner grass plants and leave some bare areas of bottom. Just my 2 pennies.

I agree on moving the crypt, the issue is its size both above and below the substrate. I fear crypt shock above all else as well.

Mark
Looks really good either way!

I like a lot of floating plants like (the water sprite?) in your original setup. It mutes out much of the super bright light for a more natural look IMO.
Frog bit and duckweed. I just tried ( unsuccessfully as usual to rid the tank of duckweed during this "rescape"). I agree on diffusing the light, I will never have a tank without floating plants after seeing/ learning this first hand.

Can I ask what wattage your CFLs are and what your substrate is? I have 10W CFLs (2) on a 10g - raised 8". Thx.
13 watt for two small domes. And 20 something for the other small dome and the large dome. I want to switch back to the lower wattage possibly or get big domes all the way around...not sure yet.

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Oh and patty cake, yes it is a farlowella. Aka whip tail or twig catfish.

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store