30 Gallon Hillstream Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Tank is looking dope dude!!! How are the kubotai looking under the new fixtures? Can't wait till the hm starts growing in around those rocks.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
thanks man!

The kubotai look good in some spots... but they are fickle colorwise. when their color flashes, they are so neon, but sometimes they don't look so green. not sure if it's the light as much as the angle of the light hitting them.

I can't wait for the hm to spread too. it's hard to see it so sparse. I want to add some more. waiting for it to grow in other tanks. it's tough, because I've made every effort to keep pond snails out of this tank, so I can't trim some of my HM stashes, most of the tanks have pond snails.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Oh!! That is sweet!! I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you do a vid of this when you're fully stocked. I want to see the action of the current in that tank.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
new glass tops

I finally got the custom cut glass for the cover today.

It looks pretty nice, but I wish I had done them differently. With this configuration, I need to move the light fixture to open the lid at all. Thanks current usa for designing such awesome fixture legs. ugh. I may redo the lids to be 3 floating 1/4" panes, instead of two hinged panes. But I'll have to find another glass company to use, these guys treated me like 3rd class, and I'm not going to wait 3 weeks again.

IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1465.JPG IMG_1464.JPG IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1466.JPG

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have to pull some of my glass tops forward to be able to have them stay up, a PITA.

This looks like a fantastic project, I love it so far. But could you speed it up a bit, page 7 & still going slow :popcorn: LOL

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
bumble bee cats tomorrow! I'm pretty excited for new fish.

On a side note, I've had trouble maintaining a steady, low temperature of 75º with the lid closed. I guess the light just heats up the air in there too much. I've resorted to removing the front half of the lid, which seems to be doing great, and still blocks most of the noise and splatter from the airlines in the rear.

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
bumble bee cats tomorrow! I'm pretty excited for new fish.

On a side note, I've had trouble maintaining a steady, low temperature of 75º with the lid closed. I guess the light just heats up the air in there too much. I've resorted to removing the front half of the lid, which seems to be doing great, and still blocks most of the noise and splatter from the airlines in the rear.
I hope you will be posting pictures tomorrow!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store