30gal long US gallons, stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I'd do 6 danios this week
6 danios next week
4 cories the third week
4 cories the four week
then the rams the fifth week

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
What is all in your 75? Have you put ammonia in your 30 and let it drop to 0ppm? Maybe if you use some Stability you could get by with adding them all at once. The stock sounds fine. But adding them all together could possibly cause problems. But if the cycled media you transferred has sufficient bacteria on it, then you would be fine. It's hard to say though. Using some bottled bacteria would not hurt if you do add everything at the same time.

Southern Rebel

AC Members
Apr 28, 2012
my 75 has a full grown wild oscar, in there for 5 months, used 2 sponge pads, and bio balls in my filters from it...and i used tetra safe start in the 30 gal..im going to add all at once, ill check ammonia 3 times a day ty

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I wouldn't feed them for a couple days once you get them home. Your tank will be instantly cycled, but you can't be sure if you're new bio-load is more or less than the BB culture can handle. This is why they are encouraging you to add slowly. just be aware of the parameters, and you should make get through it np :)

I'm assuming you have two different 75's?
good catch. the stock listed for the 75 is kinda kinky.

Southern Rebel

AC Members
Apr 28, 2012
I have 1 75gal with a wild oscar I will be trading him in at lfs and turning 75 into a mbuna tank in the near future and was gonna put both bnp or at least 1 in with them. thanks everyone for the help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store