33 gallon build/log thread!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok, well when i went to the pet shop i bought a 20lb bag of live reef sand, 1 mj-1200, 10 gallons of distilled water, and a 5lb chunk of LR thaty cost me $41.00:eek3:, i thought the rock would way 2lbs tops! nope, lil over 5lbs and 8 bux a lb, it is a really big peice and i will take pics of the tank right now and post them asap, i am really hapy the way it turned out so far, i did my water change, my water in the tank had gotten down about 5-6 inches couse i have not been able to go to the store to buy distilled water, but today i got the distilled water, and 10 gallons did the trick! so i will post pics and do params and let ya know what i get!,
thanks,
Shane

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Sounds like you had a good visit to the LFS..... too bad there aren't any pics of the new stuff to look at (hint hint) :D
Any more thoughts on stocking?
Robbie

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
well i did a nitrate test, and the nitrates are still the same aftert doing the water chang:(, but i just added the arag-alive reef sand today that is suppose to help reduce the nitrates, there is no media in my filter, (i took that out a few weeks ago), there has been alot of dead spots in my water though up till i put the mj1200 in there, but i still need another, there are no fish in there or inverts so i dont feed anything yet, so that cant be the problem, so hopfully the sand will help me out a lil bit, i will post pics in a lil bit when i find my moms phone, i will forsure post pics tonight if i can!!!,
thanks for you help,
check back in 10-15 mins for pics!!!!!!!
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok here are the pics, yes that is a coral, i think he said t is a birds nest, no i did no t buy it, yes i know it is not suppose to be in there, but my saltwater teacher said he would not hold it becouse if it dies then he would have to rpace it, so he said if it lives good, if it dies it will not hurt me couse it was free, but anyway it seems to be doing good, when i first put it in there is got lil white at the tips, but it has stayed the same now for about 3 weeks!!!, there is a pic of the LR i just bought for 41 bucks! HERE ARE THE PICS!!!

Coral1.jpg NewestLR 1.jpg new tank full1.jpg

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
and for my stocking plan, it is still pretty much the same, 2 clowns, 1 algea blenny, 1 small yellow tang,(only if i find a small one down the road), 1 chromis, and mayby, just mayby some kind of sand sifter goby, then for inverts i will get 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1-2 peppermint shrimp, 5 red legged hermits, 5 blue legged hermits, some snails of some sort, and i am thinking of getting a crab that grins has, the blue one with the 2 front claws there, i for get the name, for some reason i can remember it , but yea, i want on of those,lol i just wish i can get my nitrates down so i can add some fish soon, i will start wth the chromis, and i should qourinteen the chromis before i put em in right?, also throw your stocking suggestions at me, i would like a mixed tank, not just alot of one kind of fish, but i want a nice peacefull tank at the same time, lol,
thanks,
Shane

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Looks like it is coming along nicely. lol don't feel bad about the live rock piece. I remember when I spent $90 on just 9lb. I didn't know about fellow reefers at that point so the LFS had fun charging me an arm and leg for things.

The stocking list sounds good except for the tang. You will only end up owning it for a couple of months until it outgrows the tank.

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok, thanks guys for your help! yes this is the 33 gallon in my sig, but i have been told it is bigger, like a 36 but i guess i will have to find out one day for sure,lol, so what would you suggest that replace the tang?,
thanks,
Shane

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
ok, well when i went to the pet shop i bought a 20lb bag of live reef sand, 1 mj-1200, 10 gallons of distilled water, and a 5lb chunk of LR thaty cost me $41.00:eek3:, i thought the rock would way 2lbs tops! nope, lil over 5lbs and 8 bux a lb, it is a really big peice and i will take pics of the tank right now and post them asap, i am really hapy the way it turned out so far, i did my water change, my water in the tank had gotten down about 5-6 inches couse i have not been able to go to the store to buy distilled water, but today i got the distilled water, and 10 gallons did the trick! so i will post pics and do params and let ya know what i get!,
thanks,
Shane
My last 6lb purchase cost me 75 bucks.. you got off cheap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store