33 gallon build/log thread!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
in a year those fish will be getting bigger remember that.
You do know that both of these fish stay small....RIGHT???

They will be fine guppy, I wouldn't do more than 5 fish total. Probably 3 chromis and 2 clowns since the clowns are hermaphroditic and will form a pair no matter what if bought as babies.

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
"You do know that both of these fish stay small....RIGHT???"

yes they stay "small" but they do get larger not huge but I said this to be encouraging to keep it at around 5 fish thank you

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Sincerely Guppy, the problem isn't in keeping chromis in a shoal, they do indeed like to be in them but your tank is small and I'd not put more than the 5 small fish that everyone keeps suggesting. If you want a pair of clowns that means 2 clowns and 3 chromis, or 2 clowns, 1 chromis, and 2 more small fish.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I only asked why you were so eager to have the Chromis in case it was for their "shoaling" as I think you might be disappointed with them. I had 3 and they spent most of the time apart. I think you need a larger group to get them to shoal effectively which you can't do in your size tank. IMO there are far more characterful fish out there than Chromis. I'd get 2 clowns and a lawnmower blenny (they're full of character).

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
what if i got 1 clown 2 chromis, and 2 other small fish?
thanks,
shane

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
I have 2 clowns and 2 chromies, and the clowns are far and away a more interesting fish. The chromies don't really hang out together ever, but the clowns are never apart. Like my lil underwater nuclear family. ;)

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
well, i guess all fish havedifferent personality's, i think i am going to get 9 chromies, and 4-5 clowns, lol, just kidding, lol, no, at this point i just dont know, i guess i will see what my petshop has to offer, and then i will right down all the fish he has to offer and let u guys know, then u can tell me my choices!!!, thanks for that info on your chromies!!!!!!!
Shane

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store