36g bowfront pic update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jsayther

AC Members
Apr 22, 2008
Irvine, CA
hey, just wanted to post a pic of my original aquascape, and a semi-recent one, to a more recent one. here we go!

cell phone pic.. only early one i have
img013.jpg

a little later..
IMG_0812.JPG

and today. put in a plant, forgot what it is, in the back right corner, waiting for it to grow in a little so i can get rid of the big fake "fancy plants" one.
moved the plants a little and trimmed the one in the back towards the left (red leaves) and planted the trimmed parts in the back next to it. placed the BGK tube towards the left of the tank. and turned over the driftwood, thought i looked a little cooler this way.
IMG_0897.JPG

i know i'm really pushing space, but my lfs told me i'd be okay with my upgrade when i move early next year. watcha all think?

jason.

img013.jpg IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0897.JPG

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
Very nice setup!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Looks very nice!

jsayther

AC Members
Apr 22, 2008
Irvine, CA
fern/mono

That borneo fern in the tank is not truely aquatic. It will rot and die if kept submerged. Tank looks good though. I thought those monos were brackish water fish?
yeah, i went to a different lfs, not the one i usually go to, and the guy told me that they were freshwater and that they do not grow too big, i had never seen them in any of the other lfs, and they were 2 for 10 so i decided to get them thinking they would be okay, but they are not, they are okay for now, i am just going to have to figure out what to do with them when i get my bigger tank, the plan is to make this tank a saltwater, if so my regular lfs said they can acclimate them to salt for me. darn on the fern, that is the 2nd plant from petsmart that i'm going to have to get rid of, but the rest i have been getting from my lfs, other than the plant in the back left of the tank, thank you for the heads up though.

jason.

derekp

MTS Awareness Member
Nov 11, 2007
Your welcome. I don't know much about the monos, but I have always seen them in the brackish tank at my lfs. That was why I asked. And I wouldnt trust anything from petsmart or petco plantwise, unless you absolutely know what it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store