37 gallon freshwater aquarium, first fish tank in over 6 years

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Guybrush

AC Members
Dec 28, 2011
Missoula, MT
Real Name
John
Yesterday afternoon I built a bottom shelf using $1.02 of scrap lumber from homedepot and put on 2 applications of stain today. I'm happy with the look so far, kind rustic, we'll see how it looks after a coat of poly in a couple days.

DSCN2680.JPG

DSCN2680.JPG

Guybrush

AC Members
Dec 28, 2011
Missoula, MT
Real Name
John
2 coats of rub on poly and 24 hours later moved everything upstairs and set it up. Water will clear up in short order and I will probably get a small school of some sort of tetras this weekend. I also need to get working on the driftwood, rocks, and plants. Any suggestions for tetras that will go with either Bolivian Rams or Kribensis?
DSCN2702.JPG

DSCN2702.JPG

Guybrush

AC Members
Dec 28, 2011
Missoula, MT
Real Name
John
6 days ago I picked up 11 black neon tetras on sale at petsmart, yesterday I noticed the little white dots of ich. I'm not surprised with when you consider they use the same water in all their tanks. I'm using the heat and salt method to take care of the ich. All my water params looks good. We'll see how things look in 7-10 days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store