38 Hours No Power, No Generator

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Four days no power. no generator, no heat. And then there was power! And....what a beautiful sight for my eyes! When I uncovered them and started the filters back up they were still in a state of low temperature, like hibernation mode. They didn't move much with the water temp close to 60F. But this morning they actually ate a little flake. Feeding lightly and will do a partial water change on tanks. The ember tetras and cories were ready to eat right away regardless of cool temps. The plecos took a little while longer than the cories/tetras to begin to be normally active. Amazing! And I am so thankful for not losing them and to all the kind people that offered me the use of their generators, and for advice!

Some pics for you!

discus after sandy 001.jpgdiscus after sandy 007.jpgdiscus after sandy 008.jpgdiscus after sandy 010.jpgdiscus after sandy 013.jpgdiscus after sandy 020.jpgdiscus after sandy 022.jpg

discus after sandy 001.jpg discus after sandy 007.jpg discus after sandy 008.jpg discus after sandy 010.jpg discus after sandy 013.jpg discus after sandy 020.jpg discus after sandy 022.jpg

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
That's great news. :) That would have been heart-breaking to lose just one of those beautiful discus.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
First off - Amazing fish! Secondly - WOOT! Glad you didn't have to lose any of them!

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
Great story......so happy for you! I was in the same boat. As soon as the power went out, I unplugged the hob's, threw the media in the tank and wrapped them in towels. Every once in awhile, I scooped out tank water with a cup and poured it back in from about 8 inches up. I have fry in one tank and 2 week old shrimplets in another. AND, one of my endlers gave birth during this whole process! I started freaking out when the water got down to 60, and I hadn't fed the fish in 4 days. Power came back on, fish were in a weird daze. Got everything back up and they are all good.

We should definitely be grateful. I feel for those who lost so much.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Woot! Congrats!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
:clap::nilly::clap: