40 gal breeder puffer tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I have breeding Target puffers...I don't know how different the behavior is between the different kind of puffers...but, I will let you know...we weren't successful in keeping the fry.

Differences I notice between the sexes in our puffers:

She is bigger, the bigger eater.
I haven't been able to notice anything else physically different between the two.

He is more aggressive. when he wants to mate, he puffs at her and tries to force her into the pot.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Originally posted by RTR
GSPs have been spawned several times in captivity, but I have not yet heard of anyone rearing the fry. As with Clown Loaches, it is possible, just uncommon to rare. The rearing of the fry is no doubt a question of both water conditions and proper foods.
we've actually been talking about it in another forum lately discussing the fact that maybe GSPs along with several other brackish water fish breed just like salmon. Cycling from freshwater to marine then back again when spawning, or going out to sea to spawn where chances of fry growing are greater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store