40 gallon pearl gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Has your group of BA tetras been nippy towards other similar fish?

All you can do is try. I do love pearls. I had a female for a number of years.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Dyl123

AC Members
Apr 5, 2020
Has your group of BA tetras been nippy towards other similar fish?

All you can do is try. I do love pearls. I had a female for a number of years.
No they haven’t but they’re still quite small around an inch 1/2, and what size tank was your gourami in and what else was it kept with, thanks.

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
It depends on the specimens of pearl gourami and of BA tetras, the number of BA tetras, and the order of events.
If the tetras are still small, and the pearl gourami coming anew is a larguish male, it could be okay.

But I would not introduce anew a pearl gourami into a tank already containing an established group of full grown BA tetras. They are not terribly nippy, but nippy they are, and they act as a pack. Good luck!

Reactions: Dyl123

Dyl123

AC Members
Apr 5, 2020
It depends on the specimens of pearl gourami and of BA tetras, the number of BA tetras, and the order of events.
If the tetras are still small, and the pearl gourami coming anew is a larguish male, it could be okay.

But I would not introduce anew a pearl gourami into a tank already containing an established group of full grown BA tetras. They are not terribly nippy, but nippy they are, and they act as a pack. Good luck!
Ok Thankyou for the help

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
No they haven’t but they’re still quite small around an inch 1/2, and what size tank was your gourami in and what else was it kept with, thanks.
I kept my pearl in a planted community 55gal tank. I had a few Siamese algae eaters, some zebra danios an angel and a bunch of corydoras at the time.

Reactions: Dyl123
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store