40B High Tech Planted Aquarium/Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Wow that is a gorgeous tank in my opinion! I absolutely love the wood that you added on the wall, looks terrific! The tile back ground was quite creative as well, looks really nice. You should take a pic of your $300 plec, dieing to see what it looks like! ;) Keep up the good work!
I'll try, he's comes out at night.

Do any of your fish eat the shrimp? How do the badis and galaxies get along?
They get along great, haven't seen any conflict. The fish eat the baby shrimp but the adults are large enough not to get eaten.

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
plants in the riparian section... please?:popcorn:

Goodcreature

AC Members
Sep 9, 2011
I can't believe there haven't been more posts on this thread; this tank is absolutely gorgeous, and the whole concept makes me giddy when I think about it! You, sir, have a great tank, and have succeeded in making me green with envy of both it and your imagination! Gah!:D

What did you use as a substrate in the pots hung on the tank?

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
plants in the riparian section... please?:popcorn:
I have Aluminum plants, Bacopa Monnieri, Cyperus, , Echinodorus Cordifolius, Mexican Milkweed, Ruelli. I had Echinodorus "Tropican Marble Queen" but it didn't make the trip. next time.

I can't believe there haven't been more posts on this thread; this tank is absolutely gorgeous, and the whole concept makes me giddy when I think about it! You, sir, have a great tank, and have succeeded in making me green with envy of both it and your imagination! Gah!:D

What did you use as a substrate in the pots hung on the tank?
Thank you so much, this is still new to me. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a much larger tank that will mirror this one ie topped water level and enclosed riparium with the works, and maybe poison dart frogs. :evil_lol:

I used round clay stones and gravel that hydrophyte provided.

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Did you find these plants in the wild or were they bought? Looks great, just some of the choices seem like they wouldnt be sold in nurserys

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Did you find these plants in the wild or were they bought? Looks great, just some of the choices seem like they wouldn't be sold in nursery's
They are from a forum member on the planted tank.

That tank is awesome great job so far. I love the 40g breeder tanks, such great dimensions.
They are, I'm thinking about building an enclosed plexi glass 60gal top so I can house poison dart frogs and high humidity plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store