4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
Could you wrap the exterior of the tank in light colored tissue paper? It shows moisture quite easily and could help narrow down the location if that is one of your goals. (pretty easy on the wallet too)

jahayward

Registered Member
Nov 4, 2008
Staten Island, NY
What about using a video snake to look at the underside of the tank when full? From the pictures of the frame it looks like the only access you would have is from the flooring below if there is a basement or by drilling holes in the bottom of the frame.

foolishfish

Registered Fish Offender
Dec 10, 2008
Where the wild things are
Pete, try ckeckin' with a local pool installer or maintenance company for some water soluble dye. I don't believe it would pose a toxicity issue but certainly investigate. The water has to be near absolute calm when you release the dye for it to work best but you can watch it move to the leak.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Pete, try ckeckin' with a local pool installer or maintenance company for some water soluble dye. I don't believe it would pose a toxicity issue but certainly investigate. The water has to be near absolute calm when you release the dye for it to work best but you can watch it move to the leak.
The leak is at such a trickle that I doubt that would work.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
an ir thermometer might be helpful... nc0gnet0 brings up a good point... i should have thought about that, my bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store