4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
foolishfish, thanks for the long reply

I'm not using Ame's. The coating I'm using is by Permadri. It was not applied in thick coats. Even the last coats, while thicker than the others I applied, were no thicker than a good coat of paint. Permadri doesn't cure in the same way as other coatings. It cures by evaporation and remains tactile. It bonds to itself to the point of becoming one contiguous seal unlike other coatings that remain in layers.

I'll have to finish replying later as I have to head out the door.

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
It's a long process when you tackle these monster builds.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Yes, I know. A year later and still not a single fish in the tank. Life happens. Having the tank full of water is one of three things on my to do list for October, so hopefully I won't let you guys down.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
so hopefully I won't let you guys down.
Nah...not lettin us down. This is a huge endeavor. It takes time and has to be done right or meet with a very bad disaster. I give ya kudos for doing it in the first place and by all means, take all the necessary time you need to get er right. I know I can wait.

Keep up the good work!

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Nah...not lettin us down. This is a huge endeavor. It takes time and has to be done right or meet with a very bad disaster. I give ya kudos for doing it in the first place and by all means, take all the necessary time you need to get er right. I know I can wait.

Keep up the good work!

YUP - +1 - I agree! :iagree:

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
i wanna see photos of this BEAST of a tank..plz lol..good work on it BTW. i will need something like this for just 1 fish in about 9 - 10 yrs..darn barramundi :/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store