$45 is gone...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Well...just really sorry how it all went down!

Have you tried to explain to the seller that you'll leave them positive feedback if they'll just help you out and give you the info? (vs. no feedback, don't threaten to leave negative feedback or they will be likely to do the same for you)

I mean, it's not like it's going to cost him a dime!

I would emphasize that you understand that it was most likely an issue with USPS crushing the box, not an issue due to their packing. If you were a little hotheaded before (understandably) then it might be better to apologize...more flies with honey and all.
I really can't leave him any feedback since I didn't purchase it through an auction. I just don't understand why he won't help. It wasn't his fault which I even told him that.

I explained everything as best I could to him, but he isn't budging.

Can you do a usps claim over the phone? Maybe that way, I won't have to give them his info.

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
More likely an issue with improper packaging of flowerhorns...unless triple bagged and each bag coated with strong tape for strength and complete darkness.
Not sure how they were bagged, but I do not even think a fry could have survived that trip... He did mention that he added a sedative for shipping. The fish were 3-4" in size, and he did send an extra too.

saveone

AC Members
Apr 4, 2010
eastern ky
My son received two appx 4 in fish from the same guy. They arrived alive and well with priority shipping. They were 3 days in transit. They were double bagged with thick bags and coated with duck tape for strength and darkness. I think this was just an unfortunate accident.

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
My son received two appx 4 in fish from the same guy. They arrived alive and well with priority shipping. They were 3 days in transit. They were double bagged with thick bags and coated with duck tape for strength and darkness. I think this was just an unfortunate accident.
Me too. I think when the box was crushed, the shipping bags busted, which caused the fish to be doa. ( you could smell it..)

I even told him that I would be willing to pay for an additional shipment through fedex, or ups, but he refused.

Just do not understand why he is being so stubborn though..

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
He just emailed me with his info. I am going to file a express mail claim with the post office on Monday. I already have the forms filled out.

Hopefully, we are able to get our money back for shipping cost.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store