$450 for 75 gal set up, reasonable?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipgate

AC Members
Mar 4, 2010
$450 from our local Petsmart will just about get you a 120g (long or tall), tops, lights and stand.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Personally, I would never pay more than $1 a gallon for a tank $2 per gallon if it comes with a stand. But that is just me. I would offer $150 and meet at $200 tops. That stand looks like stained pine.

Aquariums and accessories are crappy when it comes to resale value.

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
I never buy a used set up with out finding out exactly what is included, with brand names. I usually give 1$ a gallon for the tank, then figure out how much the rest would cost new and cut it in half. As far as the wet/dry, I like my sump set ups. Even for freshwater, there benefits out weigh any cons.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Have to agree. It is a USED system. I pay $1 a gallon for a full setup, not including livestock unless it is something I really want bad then I will go up to $2

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Theres a fish store here that just sells the 70 or 75 tank for $79 brand new. If you wait on craiglist there are always deal to be had. I think typically look for $.50/gal prices but in great condition even $1 ok. Just wait because a tank that size just takes up space and cost money to dump.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
$2 a gallon is my max price for freshwater, and for $2/g it has to come with a nice stand and lighting and/or good filtration system.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Waiting for steals is not something I have the patience for, but neither do I want to pay way too much just because all that is currently available is from people who want to get their money back (or most of it).

I would post a WTB ad if possible, and just say what you are expecting and for how much. Maybe give a couple of options, such as price X for hooded light, tank and stand only, or maybe price Y if there is a filter and heater thrown in also.

i don't blame you. waiting for steals is very frustrating. most times, when you find an amazing deal, it seems that someone has already beaten you to it :(

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I thought I moved to the "land of cheap tanks" but I haven't seen the set up I'm waing for...yet. No hurry, lol. It's a nice tank etc but seems a bit higher than I'm willing to go. Some of the "deal" depends on how long you will wait & where you are...I might go as high as $300 if all was really great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store