45G tall stocking questions with pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AngelFishRock

AC Members
Mar 12, 2011
How about this as stocking options? how much room would i have leftover? is it too much? i would probably start w/ the cories and rasboras first.

5 Cardinal Tetras
5 rasboras (which type TBD)
5 Cories (which type TBD as well)
1 bristlenose pleco
2 bolivian rams?
That looks good. I would do 2 Bolivians. Panda cories wouldn't get too big....and I would do a school of 8 Harlequin rasboras since they tend to stay a little smaller but it all depends on what you like.

evident

AC Members
Dec 24, 2008
Newtown, PA
Real Name
dave
dude, i have been out of the hobby for 10 years, im not gonna jump right in with what seems to be the most difficult freshwater fish to take care of LOL

my pH is also around 7.6-7.8 level.

evident

AC Members
Dec 24, 2008
Newtown, PA
Real Name
dave
tank finally cycled two days ago, went to a LFS and got 10 cardinal tetras to start off my tank. It's been about 24 hours and haven't had a death yet. planning to feed them tonight w/ some hikari pellets. Pics coming soon

evident

AC Members
Dec 24, 2008
Newtown, PA
Real Name
dave
IMG_3308.JPG
nice, so whats your full stock gunna be?
added in 10 cardinal tetras first from the LFS. all healthy so far!, then i got 4 gold laser cories and 2 albino BN plecos from msjinkzd last friday and they are all holding up well. getting 4 more gold laser cories from her tomorrow and will probably be adding in 10 rasboras, 2 rams in a month and calling it done, i hope!

i'll post some more pictures later tonight.

IMG_3308.JPG

evident

AC Members
Dec 24, 2008
Newtown, PA
Real Name
dave
looks good but stock lightly

tall tanks have low oxygen exchange rates
wouldit be worthwhile to invest in an airstone?? im not a fan of the pump noise and indifferent about the looks, but i haven't used an airstone since the 90's so maybe technology has gotten better since then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store