55 Gallon Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zdunmeister

AC Members
Apr 16, 2011
Spent the whole day today cleaning and replanting my 55 gallon. I'll post some tank specs. tomorrow, but for tonight here is a picture (sorry about the cellphone quality). Tell me what you think.

2011-04-15_23-20-17_4.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank!

spacefish34

Sep 2, 2009
Bedford,TX
Real Name
Chris
Hi.You are on the right track.My advice would be to stagger the foreground plants in a group rather than in a straight line.The open area between the rock and the sword would be a good spot.Good luck...

Zdunmeister

AC Members
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry I'm a little late on the update, I've been pretty busy with school and other things. The tank is getting there. The growth rate for some plants has been great but for others it's on the slow side. Haven't had the best luck with the Microsword, so if it doesn't pull through I might just try another foreground. Only about three weeks ago I started to dry dose. When I first posted this thread I was just a noob when it came to ferts but now I am getting better at maintaining a steady schedule with the ferts I bought from GreenLeaf. Because of this, the plants should be twice the size within a month. I am hoping to stop by my LFS tomorrow and pick up a few more plants and possibly some more fish (which I am lacking). Here is a plant list: Tiger Lotus, Red Tiger Lotus, Giant Hairgrass, Crypt Spiralis (?), Crypt Wendtii, Crypt Wendtii Tropica, Rotala Indica, Anubias Nana, Anubias Barteri Coffeefolia (?), Amazon Sword, Red Rubin Sword, Microsword, and Hygrophila Corymbosa. And fish: 4 Angels (Traded my old one for 2 and bought the other 2), 6 Cardinals (For now only. Had more, but my old angel ate the rest), 3 Bronze Corys (A pair recently spawned :)), 8 Oto's, 3 SAE's, 4 Lemon Tetras, 1 Clown Pleco. Here are a couple pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store