55 gallon tiger barb tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Freshy, TBs are the same species as green barbs (TBs?), right?, Just a color difference, aren't they? Or am I missing something?
Same species as far as I know. The reading I did on them indicated green barbs are more tolerant to cool water than your standard TB. I may be wrong on that.

When I was down to one large green barb, he/she was such a nuisance in that tank, I had to net him out and plop him in with my oscar and green severum. He lived happily in there for a year or two until I found him dried out on the floor behind the tank one day. :(

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks, Joel, that's what I thought but who knows what common names there might be for new or old fish? That's interesting the green variation might be different for temp. Many barbs can handle lower temps than we often keep them. Some fish are able to survive lower temps but may be less active. Higher temp maybe more active but shorter lived. I don't heat any tank these days in CA but I have a couple heaters if I need them.

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store