55 gl and polypterus???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tayhudson

time will see us realign
Sep 27, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Real Name
Terri
I have 3 giant danios with my sen right now. They're too fast for him to catch right now, he's only about 4". I would recommend getting a bigger tank tho if you want more than 1 Bichir. But that's just my opinion.

MChorse13

AC Members
Jun 11, 2010
im woking on getting one so it would only be temporary. my friends mom's friend has empty thank shes getting rid of, eyeballing it it looks like a 90 but could be bigger

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Unfortunately I would have to suggest against the del and sen in that small of a tank for life. Also keeping them together as the del might outgrow the sen more quickly and although pretty rare, aggression might def play a role, especially in that size tank.

One sen would be fine for prolly 6mo to a year MAYBE. I only say that because my sen hit 10 inches in a month but he had to compete for food pretty well to eat. I have a lot of "oh my god there is food I have to eat all of it!" fish.

Racersk

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
I agree, my senegal is now 10.5 inches and eats better than I do! He is under a year old, I believe I got him last january. Very relaxed demeanor but this tank is a 90 gallon, the del I have is smaller and less relaxed, very shy still, and doesn't have the apatite either.

Generally dels grow bigger than sens, unless they are a shortbody morph, like my albino sen. ;)

I say go for a del and an albino (then ditch the danios and get Eodons! lol) and keep your eyes open for a 75 or 90 gallon to upgrade into , a year is a long time to search and save.

MChorse13

AC Members
Jun 11, 2010
I agree, my senegal is now 10.5 inches and eats better than I do! He is under a year old, I believe I got him last january. Very relaxed demeanor but this tank is a 90 gallon, the del I have is smaller and less relaxed, very shy still, and doesn't have the apatite either.

Generally dels grow bigger than sens, unless they are a shortbody morph, like my albino sen. ;)

I say go for a del and an albino (then ditch the danios and get Eodons! lol) and keep your eyes open for a 75 or 90 gallon to upgrade into , a year is a long time to search and save.
i can upgrade 2mmarow if i wanted to really. i have a 112 acrylic in storage i just don't use it because i don't have a stand and and its drilled i have no idea how to plug up the bottom haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store