FS 55g Aquarium, Driftwood, Plants, Inhabitants - Local Pickup Only - Orange, CA 92867

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
As sad as I am to admit it, I've decided to shut down my 55g freshwater tank. I'm looking to sell the inhabitants, contents, equipment, tank, and stand. I have no viable means of shipping anything, so local pickup will be required. (I do not own a truck, so I won't be able to deliver the aquarium or stand, but if someone needs me to meet them somewhere with inhabitants or a filter or something, I'm up for doing so)

I live in Orange, CA, zip code is 92867. If you express genuine interest in a purchase, we'll establish a pick up time and location. All replies are free to either be e-mailed to me @ andrewscc73@yahoo.com, or via pm on AC. I will update this thread as things are sold.

Equipment

55g tank w/ stand - $70 (tank has no visible damage, has a light "wood grain" trim, and has one of those adhesive thermometers on the top right corner of the tank)
Rena Flistar XP3 - $80 (canister has been running for approx. 2.5 years, has the original trays, and has a large quantity of "Seachem Matrix" biological media in it - well established and ready to go. Filter has a "spraybar" attached, no longer have the "jet nozzle" which came with it.)
Rena Filstar XP2 - $60 (Canister has been running for approx. 1.5 years, also has original trays, and has a large quantity of "Seachem Matrix" biological media in it - well established and ready to go. Filter has a "spraybar" attached, no longer have the "jet nozzle" which came with it.)
Coralife 130w 6700k CF light fixtire - $70 (Light has been used for approx. 1.5 years, still contains original bulbs, has always been used over a glass top.)
Large Mag Float - $5 (if you buy the tank and stand together, I'll just toss this in for free too)

Contents
Driftwood - $30 (price quoted is for lot of 5 medium to large pieces of driftwood, most having anubias and or java ferns attached to them. Ideally, I'd like to sell these together, but I'm open to splitting these up.)
Sand - Free with the tank (or if you don't want it, I'll dispose of it. approx. 3/4" layer in-tank - contains hundreds of malaysian trumpet snails)
Red Tiger Lotus - $10 (I've had this plant since I bought it as a bulb almost 3 years ago. Prolific and grows rapidly, tends to have 5-10 "lillypads" on the surface of the water with at least another 20-30 growing at any given time)
Cryptocorine Wendtii - $5 (fairly large now, easily 10" across, light reddish color to the leaves)
Mixed small plants $2 (there are a number of other plants in the tank, mostly in the sand, couple attached to small flat rocks)

Inhabitants
Striped Angelfish - $10 (beautiful finnage, approx. 8" tall, healthy eater. Will not sell this fish to anyone wishing to house it in a tank under 29g)
7 Yoyo Loaches - $20 (ranging from 2-3" currently, most still have juvenile coloration, one in particular has slightly morphed coloration. I will not separate this group of fish, nor will I sell them to anyone planning to house them in a tank under 50g)
4 Praecox Rainbows - $5 (2 male, 2 female. Same basic rules as loaches, though these would probably be fine in a tank as small as 20g)
3 Synodontis Nigriventris - $10 (quite reclusive, yet fun to watch. Mostly active during feeding time or when tank lights are off. Not to be separated, 20g+ tank)
Golden Killiefish - Free to good home (Voracious eater - has been kept safely with cardinal tetras, but I've no doubt he'd be able to eat small fish. I've had this fish for something like 4-5 years... I'm still considering keeping him in a tank of his own if I can get one fired up. He's got a somewhat curved spine, and was adopted as such. I'd like to see him in at least a 10g tank)
2 Spotted Corydoras - Free to good home (Of all the corydoras I've had, these two were the only true survivors. They are almost always found together in the tank, and will not be sold individually. 15g+ please)

I think that about covers it. *sigh* If I happen to find someone interested in buying the tank, stand, and inhabitants, I'm more than willing to work out some form of a deal. (I've got a few other odds and ends I'd be throwing in as well - a couple 18g rubbermaid roughneck storage totes, a 250gph pond pump hooked up with a 25' python hose, a fair bit of fish food, a 8.5oz bottle of Prime, etc.) Prices listed are requested, not absolute - I am willing to negotiate a bit. My biggest reason for taking the tank down is my parents persistent paranoia of water damage due to catastrophic failure of the tank, and the fact that it occupies a large portion of my bedroom. I will be setting up a 20g L reef tank, and selling this tank is intended to be a means of funding said project. I'll be posting photos in the next few days as my schedule permits. Ideally, e-mail me rather than PM, as it all gets forwarded to my phone, but if you're not able to or would rather not, I'll be checking my PM's on here as well. Thanks for your time.

-Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
As promised, here are some quick shots of the livestock and some plants. I'll try to get a fts up soon.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
is it $5 for all the rainbows? if so i may be interested. what is shipping to 77964?

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
is it $5 for all the rainbows? if so i may be interested. what is shipping to 77964?
Sorry, I'm not going to be shipping any of the livestock, ideally none of the equipment either. The thread is listed as being local pickup only, and I've indicated that I'm willing to meet people within reasonable distance. I'm not able to drive to Texas to deliver a couple fish, sorry bud.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
do you have a pic of the coralife light? thanks!!
Sorry for the slow reply... its been a bit of a rough week. I'll take a couple photos of it tomorrow after work for you.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
Thank you gamer. If you encounter anyone interested in the tank/stand/filters/light/etc. as well, please let me know? I'm hoping to have this out in the next 2 weeks, if at all possible. I'm even down with driving up to an hour to deliver if someone's interested in the whole package.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
I might be able to work something out for your livestock. I have a 180 gallon that is lightly stocked and could always use some more life. Let me see if I can raise the funds.

EliWhitney314

AC Members
Aug 17, 2009
Man I am sorry you have to sell it...That is one beautiful tank. I had my 65 spring a leak so my dad is also very paranoid when I get new tanks. I have a 75 planted and a 40 reef tank in my upstairs bedroom. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store