55G planted South American themed planted tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Nice tank!

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
For the background you can go to a fabric store or wal-mart and get black velvet. Make sure you get some that is long enough for your tank. If you want a black background, you may be able to find another color too.

I forgot to paint one of my tanks and that is what I was suggest to use. It looks good too.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Great start. You have quite a collection but I think it's worth experimenting to find what plants do well under your conditions. Ferts, lighting, Co2 levels, maintenance or lack of maintenance. I move plants around in my tanks and it interesting to me at least how the conditions affect plant grow going from hi-tech to low-tech to heavy or low bio loads with stock sizes.

Your solution for where to put the plants coming in... wait for it.....
Another tank....LMAO

cobfreak

AC Members
May 1, 2010
Cumberland, MD
Great start. You have quite a collection but I think it's worth experimenting to find what plants do well under your conditions. Ferts, lighting, Co2 levels, maintenance or lack of maintenance. I move plants around in my tanks and it interesting to me at least how the conditions affect plant grow going from hi-tech to low-tech to heavy or low bio loads with stock sizes.

Your solution for where to put the plants coming in... wait for it.....
Another tank....LMAO
Not surprisingly, another tank is in the works. I have a 29 gallon sitting here on my desk which I wish I could use right where it's sitting. Unfortunately it'd break the crap out of the desk. Also I use my 20 long as an overflow, putting some of my extra plants in there. I've also got an entirely unplanted 20 high that I might stick the anacharis in after pulling it from this tank.

But yes, I like to play around and see what works and what doesn't. I will probably pull the baby tears out of this tank and use them somewhere else, if possible. I've already moved the blyxa off to the side because I've got other ground cover plants on the way.

Thanks for commenting!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store