55g Planted tank (The Start)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Been a long while since a last update.. but plenty has changed.. About a year ago I had a freak accident with CO2 and my entire fish stock was wiped out. After finally getting some free time, I got myself a new 55g tank, painted the back black instead of one of those vinyl backs, and did a major replant.
Currently the plant stock is only E. Tenellus (and plenty of it) and for fish stock its 6 cherry barbs.
Lights are 4x55w T5HO with only 2 bulbs running for 8hrs a day, Pressurized CO2 and eheim 2217 for filtration along with few powerheads for extra water movement.

Plan for the tank is to keep it simple. One or two plant species and a group of tetras/barbs with some centerpiece fish...

Zardra77

AC Members
Apr 30, 2009
MA
Just finished reading all 59 pages. All I can say is wow what a transformation this tank has gone through over the years. You really have a talent for aquascaping. Love the grass. Following to see where it goes from here.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
WoW really liking the grass.. i have yet to see any good ground cover at my LFS but yours is looking great. simple yet elegant. 
Thank you. Just have to keep it simple and forget about the tank for a week or few.. eventually the plants will know what to do and fill in on their own..

Just finished reading all 59 pages. All I can say is wow what a transformation this tank has gone through over the years. You really have a talent for aquascaping. Love the grass. Following to see where it goes from here.
Ha thanks. you made me look over the 59 pages and its a blast to see how much the tank/my knowledge has developed. Best thing to do for any planted tank is to take a minimalist approach. Keep it simple and dont over think anything...

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Sorry to hear about the loss, those fish were troopers. LOVE the new look though! It is perfect for you, minimal updating required. :D I wish simple worked for me because complicated gets old really fast. BTW if you need any RRF I am drowning in it!! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store